Monday, October 22, 2018

Peanut Butter and Bacon Burger (YEP - It's Amazing)

I went for a mini-vacation on Cape Cod and tried a local favorite in Provincetown MA knows as the Peanut Butter and Bacon Burger. I have to say, at first the idea of a peanut butter and bacon burger did not sound that appetizing. The person I was with ordered the burger, and shared it with me. Truly, a big culinary surprise. I had to come back to Taberg NY and make this for my kids.

They had the same reaction at first. However, once they tried the burger, everyone loved how it tasted. Easy to make, I highly recommend it. (And, there are many ways to have fun with the recipe)

3lbs ground beef
Cracked Pepper
Cracked Sea Salt

Peanut Butter
Sesame/Coconut Oil (Either is fine)
Honey or Maple Syrup

Uncured Thick Cut Bacon

Bacon Prep - In a cast iron skillet, prepare the bacon. With a thick cut bacon, ensure it is crispy but not over cooked.  Drain most of the Bacon Grease. Leave enough to prepare the burgers.

Burger Prep - A good burger for this recipe should be 1/3lb or larger. You can use 1/4 burgers, however a thick juicy burger is in order for this recipe. In a bowl, mix in the cracked pepper and salt then create the patties. I personally like cooking the burgers in bacon grease. You can also use cooking oil if this does not appeal to your healthier senses.

Peanut Butter Sauce - In a small sauce pan, add 1 cup of peanut butter as a base. On top of the base, add the oil and honey. I love raw honey, but any honey will be fine. You will only need about 1 teaspoon of oil and 2-3 teaspoons of honey. Over a low heat, stir the mixture until all the ingredients are blended together.

The rest is quite simple. Immerse your burger with the peanut bu
tter sauce and bacon.  This recipe is meant to be messy.

(Additional Options)
I have seen this recipe with a fried egg, jalapenos, red onions, cheddar cheese, and tomatoes. I like the recipe as is, however as with all of our recipes, I encourage dads to experiment with their kids. Have fun, and make it your own.



No comments:

Post a Comment