Friday, April 29, 2016

Simple Lemon Vinaigrette

Salads are a standard in our house. Making your own dressing teaches your children the value of fresh versus processed. Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing is easy to make. It is a fresh alternative to traditional dressings. Wonderful on fresh greens. Your kids will surely enjoy this dressing.

  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind.
  • 2 tsps. of freshly squeezed lemon juice or bottled - (Kids love to squeeze lemons and fresh is better)
  • 1 tsp. of red wine vinegar (Optional)
  • Cracked Salt to taste
  • Crushed Pepper to taste
  • 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  •  
    I like the addition of red wine vinegar. Most recipes do not include a vinegar. However, I feel it adds to the flavor and the kids like it. Some people add a tsp. of sugar. As always, experiment to you get the dressing that you and your family enjoys. I prefer a bitter with my greens, so I do not include the sugar.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment