Saturday, November 3, 2018

Gochujang Hummus and Veggie Plate.

Over the past year, I have really advocated ghochujang as an addition to many recipes. This week, I tinkered with my hummus recipe, and really came up with something special. The kids tried it and loved the subtle difference this amazing Korean addition made to my hummus recipe.

I did change up the ingredients a bit, which might have added to this recipe. I replaced olive oil with grapeseed oil. Grapeseed oil is commonly used with ghochujang at times with stir fry. In my opinion, they compliment each other and this was the case for this recipe.

The pepper base of ghochugang and the hummus truly go well with a veggie platter. Experiment and see what you can do with this recipe.

Ingredients

2 Cans of organic Chick Peas drained
Cracked Sea Salt and Pepper 1/2 tsp each
3-4 whole garlic cloves. (Local Pink Garlic Cloves have some heat)
1-2 tsp of Grapeseed Oil
1-2 tsp of Organic Tahini
1/2 - 1 tsp of Gochujang - (
start small and adjust to your tolerance of heat versus flavor)

In a chopper, place all of the ingredients except the ghochujang. Blend until a smooth consistency. Chick peas and garlic chunks can hide in the hummus. Blend for an additional minute to ensure everything is consistent. Add the ghochujang and test for your level of heat and flavor. I like a little extra heat, however the kids might like a milder hummus at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment