Friday, April 1, 2016

Pepper and Eggs Sandwich

Pepper and Eggs are an Italian tradition. Easy to make, and very good as a meal on it's own. I grew up with pepper and eggs served as a sandwich. And now, I am passing that tradition on to my children.


Ingredients

6-8 large eggs
Cracked Pepper
Granulated Garlic
Cracked Salt
Sweet Red Peppers about 6

Slice the peppers in squares. In a saute pan, fry the peppers using olive oil. Add the salt, pepper and granulated garlic as the peppers are cooking. The peppers sh
ould be cooked to your taste. I like my peppers to be slightly blackened on one side.

In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs for scrambling. As the pepper are nearing completion, add the eggs. You will scramble the eggs with the peppers. Once completed, add to bread either toasted or untoasted and you have a great sandwich.

Variations: You can use any sweet or hot peppers with this recipe. I vary it up a bit every time I make them. Experiment with the recipe and you will find the right variation.

No comments:

Post a Comment