Sunday, August 5, 2018

Korean BBQ Sauce

When you have 4 kids, it is common to introduce them to new customs for eating. Korean BBQ has been a favorite of mine for years. I discovered it in Portland Oregon. Living in Upstate NY, you choices are limited. Recently however, Korean BBQ has been introduced into our area. This peeked my interest to introduce the kids to Korean BBQ and they love it!

While you can buy a basic sauce in the stores. I do like to make my own. I use it for all of my recipes. As with all of the things on our blog, dads (and moms) should feel to experiment with the recipe.

Ingredients
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup hoison sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
Fresh grated ginger
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp of rice vinegar
1/2 tsp of gojuchang
1/2 tsp of Chili Sauce or Siracha
1 clove fresh minced garlic

In a bowl, mix the ingredients together. If the sauce is soupy, add a few tsps of corn starch as a thickener. The secret of the heat is the gojuchang sauce. Be careful as it can turn up the heat. Gojuchang is a key ingredient for many sauces that I create. It is also great in soups. Once you get the correct consistency (Similar to BBQ sauce) set in the refrigerator until ready to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment